Five Things You Should Know Before Deciding to Immigrate To Canada

1. Canada has immigration objectives and many requirements for immigrants to prove they match what Canada wants.

You may be surprised to learn that Canada is not particularly interested in persons with lots of money; they are interested in immigrants that can help the Canadian economy grow by using their knowledge and skills.

2. Your brothers and sisters are not considered family for sponsorship immigration; you will not be able to sponsor them after you get Permanent Residence (PR).

There are some exceptions, such as, if you sponsor your parents and your brother or sister is under 22 and still dependant on them, or if your brother or sister is your only living relative.

3. Canada does not allow a skilled worker to immigrate if a family member is going to be a burden on the health care system.

If a skilled worker came to Canada and they left in their home country a spouse or child that requires above average health care; then neither the skilled worker nor their family are eligible for Permanent Residence (PR).

If your plan was to immigrate first and then sponsor your parents later, you should be aware that your parents’ health may stop them from immigrating. Keep in mind that it may take you some years to get your PR status, then a few more to qualify as a sponsor, then your parent’s health will be evaluated.

4. Canada immigration system is very sensitive about the truth; they do not respond well if you give incorrect information to get immigration.

Officials will deny you entry into Canada if you have lied or used false documents. Even if the lie is discovered after you get PR approval, the person will still be ordered to leave. Persons caught lying on applications will not be allowed to make another application for five years. Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) routinely arrest unethical immigration consultants, and when they do they can review every client’s information.

5. Canada does not allow immigrants who have committed serious crimes.

If you did something in your home country that is a crime in Canada, even if it is legal in your home country, this may stop you from entering Canada.  If your spouse is the one that did the criminal act, then neither of you will be allowed to become a permanent resident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *